20080328

"Still Alive"

There haven't been too many updates for a while but yeah, I'm... still alive. Which, coincidentally, is the title of the song I am about to plug -- Still Alive by Jonathan Coulton.

I recently played a game called Portal (awesome game, go play it!) and this song (yes, a YouTube link, sue me. Also, CONTAINS SPOILERS! Do not click if you intend to play the game!) played while the ending credits rolled. The lyrics make a lot of sense in the context of the game. References to Aperture Science, cake, and Black Mesa (yes, the Black Mesa, of Half Life fame) make this song full of win.


Warning: It's an insanely catchy tune. I am not responsible if it's stuck in your head for days/weeks/months/years (OK it hasn't been a year since the song was out, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be forgotten any time soon).

PS: The cake is a lie!

PPS: Or is it??

PPPS: Only GLaDOS knows!

No comments: